SPANISH OMELETTE ALA SYWA
1 medium size white onion or 4 sticks of spring onion
1 medium size tomato
1 large clove of garlic
1 medium size red chilli
1/2 green pepper
1 bunch of coriander
2tbsp fresh milk
1 tsp of turmeric powder
Salt to taste
-Peel garlic, ginger and onion; chop into very small fine pieces.
-Wash tomatoes and pepper, cut into small cubes.
-Wash coriander, remove roots (and stem with is optional) then chop finely
-Wash chilli, slice then mince till very fine.
N.B: I insist on finely chopping of the ingredients to fasten the cooking process. It also helps in making the meal appear neat and appealing. Have a look at the first picture below.
1.Add all ingredients in a mixing bowl, inclusive of salt, turmeric and milk
2. Mix well using a folk to satisfaction but also avoid over mixing it
3. Pour onto pan which has oil and is already hot
Lower heat from high to medium to prevent egg from burning.
4. Leave to cook for 1-2minutes then slice into 4-5 portions to make turning easy.
N.B: at this point the egg might be a bit hard turn and it’s okay, it doesn’t have to be perfect. Instead of slicing the egg, just slide your fish slice or palette knife under the egg and turn what portion you can. Repeat the same procedure will you have managed to turn the whole egg.
5. Leave to cook till slightly golden brown (most preferably on both sides)
N.B: You’ll be able to tell if the egg is cooked when there’ll be no raw egg oozing and the vegetables look well done. The egg should not be overcooked but WELL DONE.
6. Serve on a plate and garnish with ring slices of tomato as demonstrated on the third picture.
*Serve with any accompaniment.
*Can be eaten any time of the day because it’s very filling
*Salt and chillies are optional.