If bananas, nuts and raisins were ever involved in a threesome, the love child of their steamy affair would be this delicious, moist banana bread. This recipe is as simple and straightforward as it gets!
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 4 Ripe bananas, mashed into puree
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil/ Melted Margarine
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup Raisins
- ¼ Cup Roasted Peanuts (chopped)
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat Oven at 180 Celsius.
- In a bowl, mix all the wet ingredients (Oil/Melted Margarine, eggs and mashed bananas), then add in the sugar and whisk thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients ( Flour, Baking Soda and Powder)
- Sift the flour mix into the wet ingredients. Using a wooden spoon/spatula, whisk until a smooth batter is attained.
- Add in the chopped nuts and raisins.
- Grease or line a bread tin or glass dish with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the dish.
- Bake at 180 C for 30 minutes. To check whether the cake is done, perform the Poke test using pointy, sharp object (knife, toothpick or skewer). If it comes out clean, the cake is done; if not, then pop it back in the oven for a few more minutes.
- Let the cake cool; and serve.
Banana Bread Cake can be served on its own, as an accompaniment for beverages or as a snack topped with plain yogurt