The cold season is fast approaching and what better way to keep warm than to fill your belly with some delicious soup! This is a cheat recipe on how to make flavorful soup at home with ease.
- 6 Large Potatoes
- 3 Carrots
- 1 Inch of Fresh Ginger
- 1 inch of Fresh Turmeric
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Pcs of Chilli (Use 1 or ½ of a Chilli for a mild-hot)
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Milk
- Wash, peel and dice all the vegetables into chunky cubes.
- In a cooking pot, *bring to boil until the potatoes are very soft. Ensure that there’s enough liquid remaining for the blending process. Allow the cooked vegetables to cool.
- Once lukewarm, transfer into a blender and puree until smooth (An immersion blender is recommended for soups, but an ordinary blender should work just fine).
- Transfer the pureed soup back into the pan, add coconut cream/milk and simmer for about 5 Minutes. Heavy cream may also be used for those who may not like Coconut Cream
*This is the vegan version of the recipe. For a Non-Vegetarian option, modify Step No. 2 by by using Chicken or Beef broth.
Check out my Instagram Stories for a step-to-step guide on how I made my soup.
Best served hot, accompanied with fresh Buns or Croutons.