Once you learn how to make your own burgers, you won’t ever buy any of those they sell at fast food joints. You’ll notice just how empty they taste compared to your home made ones. The recipe is so easy even the most helpless person in the kitchen can hack it. And the best bit is the fact that you can get all the ingredients at your local supermarket. Easy as pie.
- 1 Farmers’ Choice Chicken Burger Patty
- 1 Uchumi/ Tuskys bun (brown or white)
- Cooking oil
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Large Ripe Tomatoes (well rounded)
- I Ripe Avocado
- Skillet/Non-Stick Pan
1. Heat some oil in the pan. Once hot, fry your chicken patty on both sides. Ensure the sides are evenly browned. This should take you about 5-8 minutes as chicken tends to cook fast.
2. To check if your burger is thoroughly cooked, prick the centre with a fork. You will be able to see of it’s still raw or cooked all the way. The hard part is done. Now for the easy bit
3. Slice your onions and avocado into thin circular rings. Same applies to you avocado (You can also mash the avocado up, this is totally up to you)
4. Cut your bun into halves. I like to toast mine with margarine slightly on the pan, it gives it an edgy crisp taste.
5. On the bottom half of the bun, pile some tomato slices, add onions, avocado (sprinkle some salt on it) and a layer of Mayo (be generous) Now lay your cooked patty on the veggie bed. Repeat your tomato, onion, avocado and mayo layering. But this time, do it in reverse, i.e. starting with the mayo and avocado, then onions and finally tomato. The arrangement is up to you though. This is where your creativity comes in handy.
6. For the final step, crown your bugger by placing the other half of the bun. You’ll have yourself one giant juicy chicken bugger that you’ll never ever forget 🙂
Serve with home-made fries and a salad