So you’ve been wondering how to make coleslaw but you always assume it’s a complicated and difficult process. He’s a very simple recipe of how I make my Coleslaw
– 1 cup thinly shredded cabbage
– 1 cup grated carrots
– ½ a Cup finely chopped Pineapple (optional)
– 6 tbsps. Mayonnaise (or more to your liking)
– ½. Sugar (optional)
– Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Pour salt onto the cabbage, mix it in and let it sit for 5 minutes(this process is called purging)
2. Drain the moisture that results
3. Add the carrots and pineapple
4. Combine all the other ingredients in a separate bowl
5. Pour the mayo mixture onto the coleslaw and mix thoroughly.
6. Cover with cling film and let it chill in the refrigerator for about 30 mins. Serve with any dish of your choice(You can skip the chilling bit if you are in a hurry and don’t mind warm coleslaw)
Foodie Tips: I like sugary coleslaw that’s why I add some bit of sugar in my coleslaw. For the health-freaks and those who are keen on watching their weight, use the reduced fat maybe.