Today’s recipe is courtesy of @Susan_Mumbua. Susan is a geek , soon-to-be Telecommunications Engineer , who is also very passionate football matters ( She’s a MUFC fan to be precise). Probably one of the coolest chics I know from way back in high school and has been one of the most supportive persons in my blogging journey and particularly as i started out on FoodiesKe *Thank you so much Thuthie:)* . So ladies and gentlemen, prepare your taste-buds for some banana pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Baking powder
- Vanilla essence
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- Chop half a banana into very small pieces.
- Mix the floor, sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1 teaspoon vanilla essence in a bowl. Add the mashed banana and mix well.
- Add milk a little at a time and mix. (You can add some water if you do not have enough milk)
- Beat the egg and add it into the mixture, and a teaspoonful of vanilla essence too.
- Mix well until there are no lumps in the batter.
- Add milk or flour as required, till it has the consistency of honey.
- Heat a little oil in a pan, and pour some of the pancake mixture into the pan. You can tilt the pan a little on all sides to ensure the mixture spreads well.
- Cook until brown on one side, then flip and cook the other side.
- Set aside your pancake on a plate, and cook the rest of the batter in a similar manner.
- Once all pancakes are done, garnish them with the remaining half banana, chopped. Sprinkle icing sugar and honey or maple syrup on top. (I didn’t garnish mine, I was too hungry