If you’ve been racking your brain for hours, wondering what to do with the overripe bananas sitting on your kitchen counter; worry no more. Here’s a simple recipe that you can try out on a slow day;
- 2 Cups Whole Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 4 Ripe Bananas (3 large ones are also ok)
- 1/3 Cup Melted Margarine or Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 180 Celcius.
- Mash the ripe bananas into a fine puree using a fork. A blender may also be used for this process. The riper the bananas, the easier it will be to mash.
- In a separate bowl; combine the Melted Margarine/Butter and Egg. Whip thoroughly using a whisk.
- Pour the melted butter and egg mixture into the mashed bananas.
- Sift in the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda and powder) into the wet ingredients.
- Gently fold in the flour until batter is smooth and thoroughly combined. Once done, add in the Chocolate Chips
- Grease Muffin trays; fill each with ¾ of batter to allow for rising.
- Bake at 180 C for 20 Minutes. Remember to use the second or third rack in the oven when baking pastries to avoid scorching.
- To check whether the muffins are cooked; poke the centres using a knife or skewer. If it comes out clean, then the muffins done.
- Allow the muffins to cool.
NB: Check out my Instagram Stories for a step-to-step guide on how to bake Banana Muffins
Enjoy as a breakfast accompaniment; or as a dessert served with a dollop of Sweet Cream.